Manipur PCC Spokesperson Ningombam Bupenda Meitei addressed the press conference, in presence of Congress leaders Keisham Ningthemjao Singh and Dr. Lamtinthang Haokip, at Congress Bhavan in Imphal today. The press conference exposes the hypocrisy of the BJP government in its fight against drug crime in the state.
BJP MLA of Keirao Assembly Constituency & Deputy Chairman of Manipur State Planning Board L. Rameshwar gave a public statement on the notion of absence of sincerity of some Ministers, MLAs, and police officers in fighting against drugs crime in Manipur.
BJP MLA’s sincere revelations of the truth about the ongoing failure of the War against drugs by the unnamed BJP led coalition government in Manipur, needs to be seriously looked into. His sincere revelations are worthy to be appreciated.
In this regard, the Congress party, in Manipur, gave the following observations with questions.
- Who are the Ministers, MLAs, and police officers who are involved in drug crimes?
- No sitting Congress MLAs are involved and no former Congress Ministers were involved in any drug crime.
- In previous Congress governments, to remove public doubt the then Cabinet recommended to transfer drugs case involving the then Chief Minister’s relative to CBI.
- The present BJP led coalition government in Manipur has organized 4 years of citizen-centric governance. Drugs menace and crimes have been destroying and going to erase the future of our people and youths, both in hills and valleys, of the state.
Is it citizen-centric governance when the BJP Government has not transferred a single drug crime to CBI in the last 4 years?
- To dispel the doubts of the people, why is the BJP Government not transferring all drug crime cases to CBI or NIA, in case of drug terror crimes?
- Why is the BJP Government following a discriminatory policy of cherry-picking for appeals against drugs crime cases, already adjudicated by lower courts, to the High Court in some cases while not going for appeal in high profile drugs crime cases in the High Court?
Why is BJP Government neither going to appeal against the acquittal of the Zou case by NDPS Special Court to High Court nor transferring the related drugs crime case to CBI so far?
- To save the future of the youths of hills and valley, and the existential future of the people of Manipur, the BJP Government must transfer all drugs-related crime cases to CBI and go for appeals against all acquittal drugs cases by the lower courts to the higher court as soon as possible in a specific time frame.